Publications & RESOURCES
- Developing climate change information
- Country brochures
- General brochures and fact sheets
Developing climate change information
This publication has been prepared primarily to assist NMHSs and their sectoral stakeholders to jointly undertake national/sub-national climate change risk assessments. It broadly outlines steps for identifying, developing and applying climate change information as part of a staged risk assessment process, and provides advice and resources for undertaking each step.
Download the guidelines [PDF, 7.5MB]
Solomon Islands: Climate change and cocoa on the Guadalcanal Plain
In 2017, the Solomon Islands Meteorological Service worked with the Ministry for Agriculture and Livestock to use the guidelines to conduct a rapid assessment of future climate change on the cocoa industry on the Guadalcanal Plain.
The following information products are available for download:
- Case study report | A preliminary case study assessment of climate change impacts and risks for cocoa farming in Guadalcanal Plain, Solomon Islands [PDF, 7.5MB]
- Fact sheet | Climate change and cocoa on the Guadalcanal Plain [PDF, 1.6MB]
- Poster | Climate change & cocoa on the Guadalcanal Plain [PDF, 2.3MB]
- Case study process reflections | Walking together through the eight steps of developing science-based climate change data and information [PDF, 3.9MB]
- Workshop report | Demonstrating sectoral application of climate change science (data and information) to inform climate vulnerability and risk assessment [PDF, 1.4MB]